Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friends of Angela, Part 1

After I became interested in Angela's life and career, I began writing to people who knew her on the internet and asking questions. No one had a bad word to say about her but many declined to say much of anything to me. Most of what I was able to learn was off the record. One of her male friends refused to tell me anything despite my assurance that I was not interested in scandal or dirt and just wished to celebrate her life. He said he didn't want to reopen old memories or to as he put it "infringe on her family's peace". Despite this I did manage to learn a lot.

One of her film costars Raven de la Croix from "The Lost Empire" said in an interview that is available on the internet that Angela's death may have been related to cocaine and alcohol. All of the people who knew her better who would comment said that was ridiculous. One said she might believe prescription drugs especially for weight loss were involved but not cocaine.

Several told me that none of the real names given for her on the internet were correct. Her married name was either Angela Haugland or Angela Haughland but the marriage appears to have been briefer than reported, though she was married at the time of her death.

Angela drove a gold colored Porsche that was a gift from a wealthy gentleman who had courted her but they broke up. At one point she had to go to the police because a former suitor was stalking her by a private detective. It is not known if this was the same person who gave her the Porsche. The one time I met her which I will describe later she was in the company of a boy friend who one friend said had "rescued" her from the stalker but she could not elaborate. The boy friend is among those who have refused to be interviewed by me.